[redhat-lspp] File Integrity Tests from RBAC

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 18:20:29 UTC 2005

On Thursday 29 September 2005 14:06, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> Is tripwire able to deal with prelink'd binaries?

I don't think Red Hat ships tripwire...so I am guessing that it does not.

> At one time, it wasn't, so it would report them as all modified after the
> first prelink run from cron.

We could fix it, though, as well as teach it about extended attributes. That
is *if* this is how this requirement is traditionally met. That is the big
question.

> rpm -V handles it correctly.

But there are enough chmods to various programs and changes to config files
that there will be a lot of false alarms.

I was wondering if the intent of this spec was to ensure a tool was available
that could be extended to other use by the system admin (tripwire-like
solutions), or if we just have to check the files in the security target only
(homebrew scripts).

-Steve