[redhat-lspp] Re: problem changing role.

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Tue Feb 7 17:10:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 14:52 -0200, Glauber de Oliveira Costa wrote:
> I noticed the problem when doing the newrole command. When trying to change
> root's role to sysadm_r , I got the following message:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# newrole -r sysadm_r -t sysadm_t
> Authenticating root.
> Password:
> Error sending audit message.

What does the following show for you?
uname -r

Also, I assume you are using selinux-policy-mls?

> type=SELINUX_ERR msg=audit(1139315244.562:56): SELinux:  unrecognized netlink
> message type=2300 for sclass=49

Yes, that netlink message isn't known to the mainline kernel yet, but a
patch in the LSPP kernel and in recent rawhide kernels makes audit and
SELinux aware of it.  So you need to be running a kernel that has that
patch.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency