[redhat-lspp] Re: problem changing role.

Rodrigo Vivi vivijim at br.ibm.com
Tue Feb 7 17:18:08 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 15:10, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 14:52 -0200, Glauber de Oliveira Costa wrote:
> > I noticed the problem when doing the newrole command. When trying to
> > change root's role to sysadm_r , I got the following message:
> >
> > [root at localhost ~]# newrole -r sysadm_r -t sysadm_t
> > Authenticating root.
> > Password:
> > Error sending audit message.
>
> What does the following show for you?
> uname -r
2.6.15-1.1826.2.10_FC5

This is a FC5 test2 !

> Also, I assume you are using selinux-policy-mls?

Yes, we are using mls policy !

About the what glauber said about a signal that there is something wrong:

I've eneabled mls using
yum install selinux-policy-mls;   (from yesterday !!)
Set policy to mls;
Set to permissive mode
touch /.autorelabel
reboot
After relabel I've noticed that some labels of /root was wrong so it was
necessary to use 'fixfiles  relabel' to fix it !

--
Rodrigo Vivi
vivijim at br.ibm.com
IBM - Linux Technology Center - Brazil