[redhat-lspp] analyze DBUS removal

Debora Velarde dvelarde at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 20 21:26:16 UTC 2006

As far as I know no one is looking at the DBUS item yet.  So I'm going to
start taking a look at what breaks when we shut off DBUS.

Here is my plan:

1.  install FC5T2 on a system
2.  add dev allocator patch from sourceforge
3.  disable dbus after boot (init script)
4.  disable hotplug and udev (init script)
5.  verify nothing breaks (check that system is still functioning, audit
is still working, anything else I should check here?)
6.  Try allocating devices to users at particular clearances and verify
devices get labelled appropriately.  Does anyone have any test cases
(automated or manual) to test  dev allocator?

Thanks,
debbie