[redhat-lspp] pam src rpm with namespace

JANAK DESAI janak at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 25 19:35:24 UTC 2006

Serge E. Hallyn wrote:

>Quoting Steve Grubb (sgrubb at redhat.com):
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>The src rpm with pam_namespace is located here:
>>
>>http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/
>>
>>To build it, use:
>>
>>rpmbuild --rebuild pam-0.99.2.1-3.lspp.1.src.rpm
>>
>>It is currently patched for i386-686, x86_64, and the ppc platforms. To use it
>>requires running the lspp test kernel...which I'll try to get a new version
>>out soon.
>>

>Thinking beyond lspp, what about doing mounts other than bind mounts?
>In particular, on my machine I mount private tmpfs under /tmp, and
>mount dmcrypted partitions under /home.  Now the tmpfs might actually
>be better done using bind mounts anyway, so that separate logins for
>the same user will share the same /tmp...
>
>Also, it would be nice if the list_of_uids could specify a single user
>or list of users to which to apply the rules.  Wouldn't it seem more
>intuitive if the list_of_uids was something like
>	500,124 meaning those two uids or
>	~{root,admin} meaning everyone but those to uids
>?

True, but I think I would fix it by changing the field name to
list_of_override_uids :-).
For systems with large number of users, it would be much easier to provide
override users than users for whom polyinstantiation is to be applied.
It would also
relieve the admin from updating the namespace config file every time a new
user is added to the system.

-Janak

-Janak