[redhat-lspp] Re: LSPP/RBACPP requirements v.006

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 16:00:16 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 20:34, George C. Wilson wrote:
>  If you see gaps, inaccuracies, etc., please send me a note and I will make
>  the changes.

Hi,

I just went through these and see a couple issues.

Item 01) The status should be: need to get upstream
Item 07) Mentions init in the description, no mention of init in
implementation section...so I don't know what this is.
Item 10) Change augrep to ausearch. This item mentions library API. This
should be a separate item so that this item can be closed out. API is "nice
to have" and not LSPP requirement. Strike binary record format from this
item. That should be a separate item as well and is not required for LSPP.
With these items removed, the status should be: needs testing
Item 16) Status: please add "needs packaging"
Item 29) should be consolidated with Item 06.
Item 41) Status should be: need to get upstream
Item 48) can be stricken from the list since its covered by newrole

New item:
auditd. SIGUSER1, SIGHUP, and SIGTERM are only ones used.
Upstream: linux-audit

New item:
or other security attributes can be seen on the prompt. Not strictly required
by lspp. However, this helps the user keep the terminals straight as to what
level each one is currently running in.
Upstream: gnu bash author

That's it...

Thanks,