[redhat-lspp] [RFC 0/7] Updated NetLabel patch

Klaus Weidner klaus at atsec.com
Thu Jun 22 05:34:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:40:59PM -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> So, once you boot your kernel you should probably run the following
> commands before you configure the machine to use CIPSO:
>
>  # netlabelctl -p mgmt del default
>  # netlabelctl -p unlbl accept off         <---- OPTIONAL
>
> Let me know if this doesn't solve your problem.

I've tried that - after these commands, it accepts the mgmt command from
the README without complaining,  but I can't get any communication to
work in enforcing mode even at the same level (all packets dropped?), and
in nonenforcing mode all connections get accepted even at different
levels. I must be missing something obvious (maybe the appropriate
selinux policy)?

What I'm using to test is:

	# on a virtual console
	login as root
	newrole -r sysadm_r -l s1-s1
	nc -l 3333

	# on another VT
	newrole -r sysadm_r -l s2-s2
	nc localhost 3333

(or alternatively using the same level range on both)

Here's the list output, based on the commands from the README:

# netlabelctl -p cipsov4 list doi:1
Configured CIPSOv4 mapping (DOI = 1)
 tags (1):
   RESTRICTED BITMAP
 levels (3):
   0 = 0
   1 = 1
   2 = 2
 categories (3):
   0 = 0
   1 = 1
   2 = 2

# netlabelctl -p mgmt list
Configured NetLabel domain mappings (0, not including DEFAULT)
 domain: DEFAULT
   protocol: CIPSOv4, DOI = 1

-Klaus