[redhat-lspp] lspp 39 kernel released

Venkat Yekkirala vyekkirala at TrustedCS.com
Tue Jun 27 14:03:18 UTC 2006

Joy was going to post a detailed howto. For the new/modified controls
this patch introduces, the following would be what the policy would
boild down to for a given domain.

Let's take an example.

Given that you have the following in the IPSec policy:

Policy rule for ftpd defined with the context: ftpd_xfrm_t

Security Association defined with the context:  ftpd_sa_t (optionally can be
negotiated via IKE, in which case it would use ftpd_xfrm_t as the type for
the negotiated SA).

This is how SELinux policy would look like:

For output:

allow ftpd_t ftpd_xfrm_t:association { polmatch };
allow ftpd_t ftpd_sa_t:association { sendto };

allow ftpd_sa_t ftpd_xfrm_t:association { polmatch };

For input:

allow ftpd_sa_t ftpd_xfrm_t:association { polmatch }; (ALREADY ALLOWED PER
OUTPUT POLICY)

allow ftpd_t ftpd_sa_t:association { recvfrom };

If you are wondering about the asymmetry in the number of access checks, it
is because in the output case there's the extra step of selecting SAs given
an IPSec policy rule and a flow/socket, whereas in the input case the SAs
are already tied to the flow. This assymetry is thus inherent.