[redhat-lspp] mqueue filesystem labeling

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Thu Nov 16 05:44:32 UTC 2006

George Wilson wrote:
>  > I don't think this is breaking any functionality, so... do we care?
>
> Good question.  I don't know what's using POSIX MQs.

POSIX message queues are a general mechanism, every program can use
them.  They are much faster than the SysV message queues.

The filesystem is mainly used to clean up.  Message queues can have
names and they stay around, unless removed, if the processes using them
are going away.  Not everybody should have permission to do everything
on the filesystem but message queues have owners and those owners must
be able to remove them.