[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 11/13/2006 Minutes

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Fri Nov 17 16:32:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 10:20 -0600, Venkat Yekkirala wrote:
> >      JL: ok, I'll do that. are there any of venkat's patches
> > in .55 kernel
> >      EP: which patches ...
> >      JL: venkat had set of 3 patches
> >      EP: 55 has all three patches
> >      GW: do we expect more patches from venkat
> >      EP: I don't know of any. I am expecting the 3 config
> > change patches
>
> I am not aware of any outstanding patches. The 3 patches I last
> posted should warp-up labeled-ipsec work.
>
> Eric, can you please elaborate on the "3 config change patches"
> you were referring to in the above?

I'm pretty sure I said "2 config change patches" and more correct would
be "auditing config change patches"

I think it was Joy who was working on the xfrm config change auditing
(work in progress, see linux-audit)

Paul should be working on making the NetLabel config change auditing not
do anything if auditing is not enabled.  I think he posted something,
but I haven't looked at it closely.

Only things I remember floating around which you may be interested/able
to help on were the questions of denying unlabeled packets (I think you
said this was easily done in policy) and the question of labels on
connections back to localhost.  I don't think I ever did hear a good
solution to that one.  I think you are all 'warped-up'.

-Eric