[redhat-lspp] I think the best option for now is

George C. Wilson ltcgcw at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 27 19:45:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 01:16:31PM -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> import audit
> fd=audit.audit_open()
> print audit.audit_is_enabled(fd)
>
> Getting the current get_reply bindings to work is going to be very
> difficult.

Yeah, it don't think it will be straightforward.  I got this hokey code
to satisty the method call:

    inreply = audit.audit_reply()
    rc = audit.audit_get_reply(fd, inreply, audit.GET_REPLY_BLOCKING, 0)

Which obviously can't work without some notion of call by reference.  From
looking at the SWIG documentation, a C struct passed by pointer and modified
would be passed out of the python method as an additional return value.  So,
something like

    rc, reply = audit.audit_get_reply(fd, audit.GET_REPLY_BLOCKING, 0)

is more what I'd expect the method invocation to look like.

Is audit.audit_is_enabled() sufficient?  It only returns whether audit is
enabled, not necessarily alive, right?

--
George Wilson <ltcgcw at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center