[redhat-lspp] Xinetd patches for selinux context configuration

Paul Moore paul.moore at hp.com
Wed Nov 29 06:00:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 6:13 pm, James Antill wrote:
>  Example config.:
>
>         # selinux_context = user_u:system_r:inetd_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh
>         selinux_context = user_u:system_r:httpd_t
>         # selinux_context = user_u:system_r:fingerd_t
>
>  Anyway, here are the patches/rpms:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/jantill/xinetd/

I just took a quick look at the patch and I have to ask why you decided to
take the context from the xinetd config file instead of using
security_compute_create() as described in BZ #209379?  As it stands I don't
think the current approach of taking the full SELinux context (TE and MLS
label) from the config file solves the problem we are interested in -
multi-level network services via xinetd.

Thanks for working on this.

--
paul moore
linux security @ hp