[redhat-lspp] Re: Networking policy patch

Joshua Brindle jbrindle at tresys.com
Fri Oct 6 10:46:47 UTC 2006

Joshua Brindle wrote:
> <snip>

> Ok, this may be an unpopular email but I was going over how everything
> (sans netlabel) was working as of right now (as I understand it) and I
> came across some things that seem strange. Maybe my understanding is
> wrong...
>
> Basically I was trying the most complex situation (which includes
> socket labels that are different from the domain).
> spd 1 is  ipsec_spd_t.
> domain 1 is pms_proxy_t
> socket 1 is sysadm_t (via setsockcreatecon)
> secmark 1 is pms_c_p_t
>
> spd 2 is ipsec_spd2_t
> domain 2 is inetd_t
> socket 2 is pms_t
> secmark 2 is pms_s_p_t
>
> therefore SA 1 is pms_t and SA 2 is sysadm_t
>
> So here are the rules I came up with
> side1:
> allow pms_proxy_t pms_c_p_t : packet { send recv }
> - straightforward, already how secmark works
> allow sysadm_t pms_t : packet { flow_in flow_out }
> - don't understand this, pms_t isn't a packet object, why are we using
> the packet object class?
Er, I totally messed this up, it should have been
allow pms_t pms_c_p_t : packet { flow_in flow_out } which has the
correct object class, not sure what I was thinking
> allow pms_proxy_t ipsec_spd_t : association { polmatch }
> - likewise, an spd isn't an association, maybe this class needs to be
> more generic
this one still applies but its an aesthetic thing and I suppose noone is
going to want to rename the object class
> allow pms_proxy_t pms_t : association { sendto recvfrom }
> - Not sure if this one is right, is the source suppose to be the
> domain or the socket?

This is domain, right?