[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 10/16/2006 Minutes

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Thu Oct 19 20:52:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Venkat Yekkirala wrote:

> I am not sure encoding multiple secids on the secmark is feasible
> or desirable. I will have to rely on Stephen and others to weigh in
> here.

I don't see why not -- would a system really need more that 64k distinct
security contexts over the wire?

> I can not guarantee that. I believe James' hesitation mainly
> comes from the fact that there are people confused out there.

It's become clear, after seeing some code and related policy discussion,
that this approach is confusing.  This is what happens in open source --
we are not tied to any specific approach and can go back and rework things
on a fundamental level, and do so constantly.

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris at namei.org>