Migrating from AS 2.1 to AS 3 HUGEMEM

Arati Ranade arati.ranade at patni.com
Wed Mar 31 08:15:09 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am currently developing a driver over scsi. This driver handles certain
driver specific ioctls and the rest are passed down to the underlying sd
device using ioctl_by_bdev.

On RedHat AS3.0 (2.4.21-9.0.1.EL) UP and SMP this is working correctly.
However on the hugemem kernel there is a kernel panic. The hugemem kernel
for AS3.0 has a 4GB-4GB split patch for the kernel and user memory. Could
anyone please tell me if this is the reason for the crash and if so how I
can avoid it. Please let me know if I am doing the right thing to pass the
ioctls down to the lower layer.

Best Regards,
Arati Ranade
Patni Computer Systems Pvt Ltd