is it possible/difficult to upgrade from RHEL WS to RHEL AS

Donna Hanlon donna at brainvis.wustl.edu
Mon Oct 25 13:45:29 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Just to close the loop on this thread:

    * RedHat customer service confirmed that there is no educational
version of WS -- just RHEL AS and RedHat desktop.
    * Tom Diehl's fix worked beautifully:  I got the redhat-release and
comps packages off RHN; installed them; and rhn_register was happy.  I
was able to apply the numerous errata patches, so I was very happy.
 Thanks once again to Tom Diehl for the useful tip!

Donna