Problem Configuring Multiple IP address for Linux 7.1

Erik Espinoza erik.espinoza at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 18:20:46 UTC 2004

I've run RH 6.2 with a great deal more ip's in it's time (16 IP's). Do
you get any errors when you add more ip aliases? How are you adding ip
aliases? Is it an ubber cheap nic, such as an old realtek?

I had a good 3com nic, and copied
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0 - eth0:14, with the only
changes being the DEVICE= to match the name of the script and the
IPADDR= to the next available ip. I had no issues with that.

Erik