Redhat 8 booting problem

Ahmad Faisal M. Nor faisal at MyBSD.org.my
Fri Sep 17 03:01:38 UTC 2004

We're using linux redhat 8.0 kernel 2.4.18-14 act as our database server, it's
been quite sometime we haven't reboot this machine but due to some memory hog
recently, we gotta reboot and then this problem start occur.

The machine just hang (at the terminal console only), there's nothing appear
on the terminal. But i can still ssh remotely to the machine and see the
machine is up and running properly but i can't do anything on local terminal.
FYI, the machine vga is working properly. What's the problem ? how do i solve
this ?

--
NOTES: PLEASE USE 'PLAIN TEXT' FORMAT EMAIL FOR ANY MAIL
       SENDING TO ME OR IT'LL BE BLOCK.