Performance problem (high Load average) in Mail Server

Mahesh Shinde maheshs at cdac.in
Thu Sep 22 13:03:36 UTC 2005

Dear John,

Yes RHEL3 is uw-imapd based and users also uses WebMail heavily and httpd
process takes 25% of CPU resouces.

Can you tell me how to check which user or program/application is
eating all the RAM.

The output of "free" command is as follows:
# free
Mem:       2565840    2547952      17888          0      37200    2269280
-/+ buffers/cache:     241472    2324368
Swap:      2048248     423556    1624692

Regards,
Mahesh