Help CPU pegged at 96% but cannot find culprit

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 11 17:01:55 UTC 2006

I have about 18 instances of apache showing up with a `ps -aux |
more`   . I have a ton of coldfusion instances though. I just found
that I don't have all of the latest updates to coldfusion, which I
will apply tonight and see how it deals with it then. I'll write back
to the list to tell you if that fixed it , but how would I go about
getting a lower version of the kernel to downgrade if II needed too?

Also, is it harmful for the computers cpu to be this high for a day
until I can work on it at night?    95% cpu usage.

Thanks,

Romeo