Disk Duplication

Truhn, Chad Chad.Truhn at argonst.com
Wed May 31 16:58:39 UTC 2006

Gurus,

First off let me apologize for what may be a simple question.  I am a
Solaris admin and have been tasked with some RedHat things.  I was
tasked to duplicate a RedHat book disk and going back to my Solaris
roots, I chose to use the dump and restore commands.  This worked well
and the data was copied successfully, but the disk doesn't boot.  I
don't receive any errors (which is strange) it just sits there
attempting to access the disk, but nothing happens.  I know in the
Solaris world there is a command to add a boot block to a disk, and I
think that is the issue here.  I do not know the conversion of what that
command may be on the Linux side.

I may even be off in left field here.  The boot block may not even be my
problem.  I just suspect that it is.

Does anyone know what the command is, or even a procedure to perform
this task?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

Chad Truhn