up2date: how does it get run?

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Thu Nov 2 20:24:36 UTC 2006

I don't update any of my 22 machines automatically.  You can log into the
RHN website, and do auto updates from their web page.  You could also run an
up2date command from crontab.  Check that the firewall isn't blocking RHN
from your server.

I prefer to have greater control over when my systems get updated and with
what, so I do it manually, which is the default.