Unable to install via FTP

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Tue Nov 14 14:08:57 UTC 2006

What do you see when you use Alt+F2 - Alt+F4 ??? I would think one of
these would indicate more information about any problems it might be
having.

How did you make your install directory?

I have always created my install directories by copying the Redhat
directory recusively to my install directory, and then copy *.rpm from the
Redhat/RPMS directory from the remaining CDs to the Redhat/RPMS directory
in my install directory.  Is this basically what you have done as well?

You could also use a knoppix CD on the machine you are trying to install
on to and just try to FTP down a few packages and the stage images just to
see that the hardware is fine, and that there are no network restrictions
that are hindering you.

Hope this helps,

Barry