Software RAID Configuration problem

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 09:17:53 UTC 2006

You are correct.  my RAID array isn't starting.  During boot I get this:
Starting up RAID devices: /dev/md0(skipped)

Once I log in I can run `raidstart /dev/md0` and it comes up fine after
which I am able to mount directories to it.  Why wouldn't it start up
during boot?

I looked at that article but it basically explains how to create an
array using mdadm instead of raidtools.  It didn't really offer much
help in the way of getting it to start on boot.

Mathew