lvs providing simple web service on top of gfs cluster

Greg Swift greg at netops.gvtc.com
Mon Sep 25 14:16:47 UTC 2006

>> I've configured the firewall to allow the traffic I want through
>> (basically anywhere can access anywhere via port 80), but have tried
>> this with the firewall turned off.
>
> I believe you will have to nat the internal network as well I believe, to
> mangle the packets going out with the IP of the redirector box
> (216.177.160.9) before the packages will return, otherwise they may come
> back from one of your 172.16 IPs which would give you the No route to
> host
> error.
you mean "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE" ? Did that,
didn't make a difference in the web service, but the "real" servers can
now get out to the rest of the world.

-greg

--

“While it is possible to change without improving, it is impossible to improve without changing.” -anonymous

“only he who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.” -anonymous

---
what's this? http://scanner.gvtc.com

!DSPAM:4517f7aa87611848210579!