lvs providing simple web service on top of gfs cluster

James Bourne jbourne at hardrock.org
Sat Sep 23 04:19:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Greg Swift wrote:

> Next I installed and setup the lvs (piranha based) routers. The steps
> literally include this:
> 1: up2date --installall=rhel-i386-es-4-cluster
> 2: set net.ipv4.ip_forward to 1 in /etc/sysctl.conf and to save a reboot do
> 'sysctl -w net.ip4.ip_forward=1'
> 3: piranha-passwd
> 4: service piranha-gui start
> 5: configure web interface, (if you want to see it i will show lvs.cf, but
> i'd rather not push it into a mailing list archive)
> 6: scp /etc/sysconfig/ha/lvs.cf root at box2:/etc/sysconfig/ha/lvs.cf
> 7: service pulse start
>
> I've configured the firewall to allow the traffic I want through (basically
> anywhere can access anywhere via port 80), but have tried this with the
> firewall turned off.

I believe you will have to nat the internal network as well I believe, to
mangle the packets going out with the IP of the redirector box
(216.177.160.9) before the packages will return, otherwise they may come
back from one of your 172.16 IPs which would give you the No route to host
error.

Regards
james

James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne at hardrock.org
UNIX Systems Administration   | WWW:           http://www.hardrock.org
Custom UNIX Programming       | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation