SSH -X doesn't work with an export DISPLAY

Michel Dubois mdubois at polytech.unice.fr
Thu Jul 5 11:01:44 UTC 2007

Folks,

The ssh -X doesn't work well. I checked X11Forwarding status is yes in the
sshd_config file.
When I try to launch "xcalc" I got this following error message :
xcalc
Error: Can't open display: localhost:12.0

But this last command works when I export the DISPLAY env. variable of the
client workstation.

I noted I can't telnet localhost 6010 :
Trying 10.0.2.7...
telnet: connect to address 10.0.2.7: Connection refused

And the xauth application is installed on the system

Thanks for your help.