kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process

Shikha Alex shikha_alex at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 12:36:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

One of the servers in our cluster dies randomly,
sometimes after few hours and sometimes after 2-3 days
and has following line in "/var/log/messages":

kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 7105
(00-logwatch)

Application LOG file:
--- mpimon --- Aborting run after sumonitor-5
terminated abnormally ---

The process running on these servers use upto 2GB RAM.
Total RAM on the servers is 4GB and swap of 6GB. OS is
RHEL4 Update4.

Please advice on any fixes for this problem. The
process we are trying to run has to be restarted each
time this error occurs.

Thanks in advance.