kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process

Roberto.Quagliozzi at edftrading.com Roberto.Quagliozzi at edftrading.com
Tue Jun 19 13:18:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

I recently had a problem with logwatch munching resources. Turned out the
logs were too big, and possibly slightly corrupt. I renamed messages,
created a new file and all was OK...

Rob

Rob Quagliozzi
Enterprise Systems Architect
EDF Trading
W: +44 (0) 20 7061 4381
M: +44 (0) 7894 165372
roberto.quagliozzi at edftrading.com

redhat-sysadmin-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 19/06/2007 13:36:01:

> Hi,
>
> One of the servers in our cluster dies randomly,
> sometimes after few hours and sometimes after 2-3 days
> and has following line in "/var/log/messages":
>
> kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 7105
> (00-logwatch)
>
> Application LOG file:
> --- mpimon --- Aborting run after sumonitor-5
> terminated abnormally ---
>
> The process running on these servers use upto 2GB RAM.
> Total RAM on the servers is 4GB and swap of 6GB. OS is
> RHEL4 Update4.
>
> Please advice on any fixes for this problem. The
> process we are trying to run has to be restarted each
> time this error occurs.
>
> Thanks in advance.

This communication contains confidential information, some or all of which may be privileged. It is for the intended recipient only and others must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this communication. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this communication, please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete the e-mail. E-mail sent to EDF Trading may be monitored by the company. Thank you.

EDF Trading Markets Limited
71 High Holborn, London WC1V 6ED
A Company registered in England No. 4255974.
Switchboard: 020 7061 4000
EDF Trading Markets Limited is a member of the EDF Trading Limited Group and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
VAT number: GB 735 5479 07