DNS configuration

Greg Swift greg at netops.gvtc.com
Thu Mar 1 22:02:48 UTC 2007

ismail bushra wrote:
> HI all;
> Since I passed RHCE exam and the exam not include DNS configuration I
> didn't take that as serious subject or matter. Unfortunately I didn't
> care. But the time is different am try since 2 day to read and study
> that again but I frustrated any Idea to me please.
it would be helpful if you could specify what you are specifically
trying to learn about it. do you just want caching? are you setting up
domains? do you need to provide reverse dns?

You could try these google searches as "understanding bind dns" and
"bind tutorial", since BIND is the default DNS server with redhat.

-greg

--

“While it is possible to change without improving, it is impossible to improve without changing.” -anonymous

“only he who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.” -anonymous