Rpm not seen

James Bourne jbourne at hardrock.org
Sat Sep 15 05:46:42 UTC 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, briery-75827 at mypacks.net wrote:

> I am trying to use a binary rpm that has a hard requirement for
> gnome-libs... I guess im out of luck then.. Unless someone has an idea??

If you can rebuild it, or get the vendor to rebuild it...

If you can't, you could try installing using rpm -i --nodeps then try to use
either compat or standard lib packages to get the libraries installed that
the binary needs..

Regards
James

James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne at hardrock.org
UNIX Systems Administration   | WWW:           http://www.hardrock.org
Custom UNIX Programming       | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation