Mounting Windows2003 shares in fstab makes themunusable(RHEL5.1_64)

Bashi, Enils Enils.Bashi at FTIConsulting.com
Fri Apr 25 17:14:49 UTC 2008

I don't see any obvious problems. I would suggest using mount from the
command line and see if you get the same behavior. This way you can
eliminate the possibility that it might be an issue with the automounter.

Enils

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-sysadmin-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-sysadmin-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Thomas
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 1:10 PM
To: redhat-sysadmin-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: Mounting Windows2003 shares in fstab makes
themunusable(RHEL5.1_64)

Enils-

shell# yum provides smbfs

autofs.x86_64                            1:5.0.1-0.rc2.55.el5.3 installed
Matched from:
/usr/share/doc/autofs-5.0.1/README.smbfs

So, it is already installed.  Still it will not mount smbfs shares.  I am
currently using CIFS but the issues are all screwy, as outlined in the
original posting to this list.