Up2date questions

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Fri Feb 22 15:35:13 UTC 2008

I am looking for 2 command line syntaxes for up2date. The first I need is
one that will pre-download all the rpm's on a system that needs about 500
patches. The second one I need is to actually apply those downloaded patches
to the system when I can babysit it onsite.

I am thinking the following is correct, but I really don't want to goof it
up:

# up2date -d
# up2date -i

The part that I'm unsure of is if I must deal with the dependencies at the
command line if I want all offered updates. And if I must, what command
sequence makes it happen. If I was onsite throughout, the GUI would guide
me. The system is firewalled so I cannot vnc over there.

The system is running AS4.0  2.6.9-67.0.1.ELsmp

Thanks in advance,
Bill Watson
bill at magicdigits.com