"installation method" RHEL 5.2

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:50:23 UTC 2008

I'm trying to install Red Hat EL 5.2 on a Dell PE 1850 via the DRAC 4
card, with rhel-5.2-server-i386-disc1.iso mounted as virtual media.  At
the boot prompt, I hit <Enter>, which should start the graphical
installation, but it starts off with a text installation.  I am asked
- whether I want to test the media, which I skip
- what language I want to use - I select "English"
- what keyboard I have - I select "us"
- the installation method - "What type of media contains the packages
to be installed?"
 I have the choice between
 - Local CDROM
 - Hard drive
 - NFS image
 - FTP
 - HTTP
 but not virtual CDROM.

How can I get it to install from the virtual CDROM?
Choosing "Local CDROM" doesn't work.  It returns:
  The Read Hat Enterprise Linux Server
  CD was not found in any of your
  CDROM drives.  Please insert the Red
  Hat Enterprise Linux Server CD and
  press OK to retry.

Why is the question there in the first place?  It got that far using
the virtual media, so why not simply continue using it?

Kind regards,

Herta

--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
 but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."