"installation method" RHEL 5.2

Dongwu Zeng dongwu at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jul 7 17:05:18 UTC 2008

I guess that the first reading from CD-ROM is done through driver provide by
BIOS. When RHEL asks for installation media, it tries to use driver provided
by Linux. It seems that Linux or RHEL in this case doesn't have driver for
your "virtual Cd-ROM". I had similar problem before when I tried to use USB
CD-ROM to install RHEL. You need to somehow specify the correct driver
during installation.

Dongwu