can't get OS to use LDAP for accounts

Scott Moseman smoseman at novolink.net
Mon Mar 3 22:53:43 UTC 2008

I would consider the network topology.  If the box is behind a firewall
or access lists, thus iptables being an additional (or internal) means
of defense, I have no problem stopping it temporarily.  If the box is
sitting wide open on the Internet, I would probably tinker with the
logging.  Considering how much junk I have seen on firewall interfaces
with brand new IPs with no publicized services, I would not put anything
unprotected "out there", even temporarily.

Thanks,
Scott