Primary and Supplementary Group Memberships

Mark Waterhouse mark at dfk-systems.com
Wed Oct 1 22:22:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 15:59 -0400, Hearn, Stan J. wrote:
> Quoting "Barry Brimer"
> >Have you tried "getent group groupname"?
>
> No I haven't until now.  That's exacly what I need.
>
> I just need an equivalent for Solaris and AIX in our environment or I'll
> just use my custom script.

getent is available for Solaris (at least according to
http://www.softpanorama.org/Net/Netutils/solaris_getent.shtml)

Havent found anything for AIX though I'm afraid.

Mark

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by DFK Systems Limited, and is believed to be clean.
To report this message as spam, please click on this link - https://secure.dfk-systems.com/quarantine/spam.php?srv=01&id=m91MMVMA012199