sadc to sar

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 20:54:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Herta Van den Eynde
<herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/9/11 Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Herta Van den Eynde

>>> --
>> --
>> Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux
>> How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed
>> in a naughty world. = Shakespeare. "The Merchant of Venice"
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion, Stephen.  I did try that and it gives the
> same result.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Herta

Interesting.. my RHEL-5 system does not have this... but I think I see
the reason. You seem to be using an old FC4 system which may have a
SAR difference from the RHEL versions.

Linux 2.6.16-1.2108_FC4smp

[smooge at nausicaa ~]$ rpm -q kernel
kernel-2.6.18-92.1.10.el5
[smooge at nausicaa ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/sar
sysstat-7.0.2-1.el5

I wonder if its that?

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux