How redirect console message to file

James Bourne jbourne at hardrock.org
Tue Apr 21 18:14:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, nitin.gizare at wipro.com wrote:

> Hello All ,
>
> I am looking at option where , how to redirect console message to file
> so that  I can capture all crash message which generally appear
>
> On console

Try looking at kexec-tools and using either netdump or diskdump to capture
not only the crash messages but also the kernel core.

Docs in the kexec-tools will tell you how to set it up.

Regards
James

James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne at hardrock.org
UNIX Systems Administration   | WWW:           http://www.hardrock.org
Custom UNIX Programming       | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation