How to create a virtual IP/hostname for a 2 nodes cluster

Art Wildman Art.Wildman at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 17 18:26:42 UTC 2009

Herta Van den Eynde wrote:
> You're right of course, crypto, LVS is the Red Hat load balancer.  (I
> usually call it piranha, hence my mistake.)  The description I was
> giving is for the failover cluster software.  (Does that even have a
> name?)

Linux HA - HighAvailability - Heartbeat Package
http://www.linux-ha.org/ConfiguringHeartbeat

Howtoforge.com has a number of howtos on configuring different services
for heartbeat & failover.
http://www.howtoforge.com/high_availability_heartbeat_centos
http://www.howtoforge.com/high_availability_loadbalanced_apache_cluster
http://www.howtoforge.com/high-availability-load-balancer-haproxy-heartbeat-fedora8