JOB: *nix (pref CentOS or RH) Sysadmin with "good" MySQL database administration skills (Reading, UK)

jt at camalyn.org jt at camalyn.org
Thu Mar 12 12:41:08 UTC 2009

JOB:

hi List Members ~

I am an open source recruiter (and experienced Linux user) working with
an established "international" client in Reading (Berkshire, UK) that
are looking to recruit a *nix systems administrator (preferably with
CentOS or Red Hat experience) that has good MySQL database
administration skills, other database skills, e.g. Oracle are not a
substitute as the focus is on someone who can improve the client's
existing MySQL related-systems and potential move from a systems admin/
DBA mindset towards that of a database architects.  It would be
beneficial if you have had experience of large scale deployments
(although not essential).

The employer run a mixture of MySQL v4.1 and v5.0. Its possible that as
part of the job you will be tasked with finding new opportunities to
exploit new features or better use existing ones - however, right now
there are no immediate plans to upgrade to MySQL v5.1.

In terms of the number of high transactional servers, we are looking at
high 30s.  They do use MySQL replication but not clustering at this
time.

I would expect this role to pay between £40k-£55k (at least!).

Please contact me off list if you would like to discuss further using
james at camalyn.org

All the best,
JAMES