Console Messages

Saurabh Bathe sbathe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 11:20:58 UTC 2009

nitin.gizare at wipro.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> Some times we see some m/c which we have get kernel panic and panic
> message is
> Shown in console window. Is there way to get such issue in separate log
> files so that can be send to support team for further investigation.

A few different ways:
1. Serial console / terminal
2. netdump / diskdump
3. crash utility

kbase.redhat.com should have nice docs on all of these, though
admittedly some of these maybe too old and may not work in all
situations (netdump for sure is).
And in any case, if you have a RH support contract, the friendly support
guys over there will help you with instructions to setup your systems to
be able to gather all the data.

--Saurabh