rpm issue

Fred mamatec-ml at mamatec.com
Tue Nov 17 15:46:02 UTC 2009

hi all

I have a 2 nodes redhat cluster.
The redhat release is " Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update
8)".
It seems that rpm does not work on the first node.

For example: if I launch a query to the rpm database does not show anything

I try to rebuild the rpmdb (rpm ---rebuilddb) but seems not to work
If I run rpm -Vvv rpm this is the output:

# rpm -Vvv rpm
D: opening  db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages joinenv
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages rdonly mode=0x0
D: locked   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Name rdonly mode=0x0
package rpm is not installed
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Name
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: closed   db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages

any idea?