Options available for nfs debugging RHEL 5.3

mk unixadm28 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:53:03 UTC 2009

Thanks for your help,  most commands below did not work since my problem is
with nfs mounted files.  I am mounting MAC OSX 10.5.8 on a red hat 5.3
client.
I would be interested in talking to SAs that currently have this exact setup
(NFS server: MAC OSX 10.5.8 and NFS Client RHEL 5.3)

> id
user2, group2
> ls -la  nfs:/test/testfile
> rw-,rw-,--- userX  group2  /test/testfile
> echo hi > nfs:/test/testfile
permission denied
> echo hi >> nfs:/test/testfile  (no error)

MK