NIS Automount issue

nitin.gizare at wipro.com nitin.gizare at wipro.com
Wed Oct 21 12:00:34 UTC 2009

Hi All

We have NIS server running in RHEL 3.0 Up6 version.

We have clients with OS with RHEL 3.0 Up6 and RHEL 4.0  which are
binding to above said NIS server.

We see issue that none of home dir or mounts defined in auto.home are
not mounting in NIS servers but same mounts are mounting in NIS client
machine.

Please help us to resolve this.. . We get below error in
/var/log/message file of NIS server.

Oct 21 16:52:50 casper automount[7776]: lookup(program): lookup for tool
failed

Oct 21 16:52:50 casper automount[7776]: failed to mount /h/tool

Casper machine is  NIS server.

Rgds

Nitin