Rollback Patches

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:55:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:49:52 -0700, Michael Weber
<mweber at alliednational.com> wrote:

> Good morning, Christian.
>
> Ghost is your friend!  Before I do something that is potentially
> destructive to my systems, I clone the OS partition on a cheap drive.
> That way I can always put it back EXACTLY as it was.
>
> If you don't have a license for Ghost, grab a copy of Knoppix and use
> the dd command to image the drive onto another location.
>
> That has saved my bacon more than once when an OS upgrade failed.
>
> My $0.02.
>
> -Michael

He's not asking about OS Upgrades.. but more patches etc, so singular
application updates.

Christian,
You can always rollback with rpm -Uvh --force to the old version of the
rpm (do you have up2date set to keep the rpm's locally?).

What version of RHEL are you running?

--
If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't.  -Fight
Club