mail issues when link is lost

pbdlists at pinboard.com pbdlists at pinboard.com
Thu Apr 15 18:54:19 UTC 2010

There is more than one way to do it. For example you could put the
following in your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file:

 FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

(pay close attention to the quotes, the first one is a backtick, the
second a single quote!)
and then you'd add something like the following in your /etc/mail/access
file:

 Connect:192.168.0               RELAY
 Connect:192.168.1               RELAY

using whatever your internal IP range is.

If it really is a DNS issue then you might want to pay attention to the
following info and (disabled) configuration in your
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc file:

 dnl # We strongly recommend not accepting unresolvable domains if you want to
 dnl # protect yourself from spam. However, the laptop and users on computers
 dnl # that do not have 24x7 DNS do need this.
 dnl #
 dnl FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

To enable that feature remove the 'dnl' at the beginning and end of the
line.

Cheers,

Kurt