User defined roles on Linux

dtklein root at nachtmaus.us
Wed Aug 11 15:53:31 UTC 2010

Many places use sudo and groups to provide RBAC capabilities. In general, one is allowed to execute a command with raised privilege if they meet the union of (command,user/group,machine) as defined in the sudoers file (or even better, put in the patch to mate-up sudo to LDAP).

--
david t. klein

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CSCO11281885)
Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPI000165615)
Redhat Certified Engineer (805009745938860)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?