configuring a port number

david t. klein root at nachtmaus.us
Tue Jul 13 11:52:33 UTC 2010

It depends on the application. Some applications have the port that they
bind to hard-coded, in which case, you ask the vendor to externalize the
port bind and put it in a configuration file. Luckily, many applications
have the port definition in a configuration file. Check the documentation
from your application, or ask the vendor for guidance.

--
david t. klein

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CSCO11281885)
Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPI000165615)
Redhat Certified Engineer (805009745938860)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?