Groups

Fabio Rampazzo Mathias fmathias at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:34:29 UTC 2010

Jeff,

You can use smbldap-tools and type :

# smbldap-groupmod -m <user> <group>

Or, if you don't use this tool, just add as an attribute of your group in
LDAP base :

memberUid: <user>

If you do not use any tool to manage LDAP, you can insert these content on a
file :

dn: <full DN of group>
changetype: modify
add: memberUid
memberUid: <user>

and then, run the following line :

# ldapmodify -D "<admin DN>" -W -x -f <file>

A great tool for managing LDAP can be found here :
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13765.html

Cheers,
Fábio Rampazzo Mathias